Monday 9 May 2011

Have I really changed?

I got a call from my best friend last night,
And this was the first thing she said to me.;

BFF : "Chocolate, you have changed.
Me : how?
BFF : I don't know, you've just changed. Just like Kevin.
said you would
(Kevin was our close guy friend back in high school)

I didn't understand her, but I wondered if I really had.

I'm pretty sure she said that because I hardly ever call, and I have lost contact with all my friends from high school. Its not my fault, is it? I'm in a new place now. new people, new friends, more work to be done, less time for pleasantries and catching up. Its hard to keep up with all of them due to a lot of things.

Though I feel really bad that I haven't been able to keep up with everyone, but I can't do everything at once. I can't face college , and college friends, and at the same time keep in touch with high school friends.

But the questions still remains; have I really changed? Have I become that person I never expected? Have I turned into that uncaring and unfriendly person people said I would turn into?. I hope not, I hope it isn't true. I hope my friend was not serious when she said that. It would be terrible if it were true. I sincerely hope it isn't

4 comments:

  1. There is nothing wrong in 'changing'. It is only natural that one would evolve. That doesn't make you insensitive, it only makes others stuck up in life.

    As far as being uncaring and unfriendly is concerned, you know better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when friends say "you've changed". Its like, ofcourse i have.. that tends to happen. We all mature, drop some old habits and pick up new ones. Losing contact with old friends happens everytime. It doesnt make you a bad person :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. everybody changes and it is the duty of our friends to understand this and go wit the flow... embracing the new us and keep hoping for better :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @S i suppose but a lot of times I've been made to feel like changing is a bad thing. i just wish people would stop being that way.

    @kitkat i hate it to. that statement always gets me feeling terrible. most people don't understand that change must take place at one time or another. thank you i feel better

    ReplyDelete